So yesterday I had my first vegan day. I started off with oatmeal which I mixed with hot water, cinnamon and some raisins. I had a salad for lunch and mushroom paella (all vegan ingredients) for dinner. However I knew I needed something to snack on during the day, so I went online on a hunt for yummy, healthy cookies. As always I found the perfect recipe on pinterest: Oatmeal Cookies (Favorite Family Recipes)
I decided to put my own spin on it and make it vegan. The result were super delicious, healthy AND vegan cookies that are a filling snack. I must admit they are not the most photogenic cookies but let's ignore that for once ;)
You will need:
- 3 bananas (mashed)
- 50g applesauce
- 200g oats
- 3 tablespoons almond milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2 tsp. cinnamon (or however much you fancy)
- 50g dark vegan chocolate or raisins
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine all the ingredients in a large mixing bowl and stir until they are the consistency of cookie dough (you might need to add a bit more almond milk).
- Spoon the mixture onto a greased baking sheet (or use non-stick baking paper) and form small cookies (about 20).
4. Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
And that's it. Super easy! Even I, an unskilled baking amateur, could do it and it tasted amazing!
I really hope you try it out, if you do, make sure to send me pictures on Twitter.
Happy baking :)